- 1/2 c Milk; scalded, heated till bubbles appear around edges
- 2 tb Butter
- 1 c Cake and pastry flour
- 1 1/4
tsp. Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. -Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 c Granulated sugar
- Raspberry jam
- Icing sugar
- Grease a 9 inch round layer cake pan and line with wax paper. Combine
scalded milk and butter.
- Sift or blend together flour, baking
powder and salt. Beat 2 eggs until very light and fluffy. Gradually beat
in granulated sugar and vanilla.
- With mixer at high speed beat
eggs and sugar for 1 minute. Fold in dry ingredients and then stir in
hot milk mixture. Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated 350F
oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly
touched. Cool in pan. When almost cool, loosen edges and remove from
- Split into two layers, sandwich together with raspberry jam
and sprinkle icing sugar on top.
Recipe yields: 1 Cake
Recipe source: The Laura Secord Canadian Cookbook