The Ultimate Butter Tart
- Pastry for double crust pie
- 1/2 c Brown sugar; lightly packed
- 1/2 c Corn syrup
- 1/4 c Shortening; golden' flavour
- 1 Egg; slightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 c Raisins
- Prepare pastry.
- Roll out thinly on floured surface. Cut into
rounds with 4" round cutter.
- Fit into medium-sized muffin cups.
- Combine all ingredients except raisins; mix well.
- Put raisins into
pastry shells, dividing evenly.
- Fill 2/3 full with syrup
- Bake on bottom shelf at 425F for 12 to 15 minutes or just until
set. DON'T OVER BAKE. Over baking makes them runnier!
- Cool on
wire rack, then remove from pans.
Recipe serves: 12
Recipe source: "Fabulous Favourites: Baking Festival Recipes" pamphlet;
General Foods Canada