Tetes de Violon a l'Ail (Garlic flavoured Fiddleheads)
- 1 lb. Fiddleheads; fresh -OR-
1 pack -frozen fiddleheads
- 1/4 c Butter
- 6 Garlic cloves; finely chopped
- 2 Shallots; finely chopped
- 1 tb Soya sauce
tsp. Sugar, granulated
- 3 tb White wine
- Shake fresh fiddleheads in a paper bag until brown skins come off;
- Steam fresh or frozen, unthawed, fiddleheads
until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in heavy frying pan
and sauté garlic and shallots until softened.
- Blend in soya
sauce, sugar and wine. Add steamed fiddleheads, turning to coat them
well in sauce. Serve at once.
Recipe serves 4
source: A Taste of Quebec by Julian Armstrong