Pouding Aux Pommes Au Sirop
D'erable (Apple Maple Pudding)
- 3 Cooking apples, large, or 6 small-peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 c Maple syrup
- 1 Egg; beaten
- 1 tb Melted butter
tsp. Lemon juice
- 1/2 c All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 c Raisins
- Unsweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Arrange apples in a greased 8 inch square baking pan.
- Pour 1/2 cup of
the maple syrup over apples, stirring to coat well, and spread in an
- In a bowl, combine beaten egg, butter and lemon
juice with remaining 1/2 cup maple syrup.
- In another bowl,
combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the
egg mixture. Fold in raisins.
- Pour batter evenly over apple pieces.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until
top is lightly browned. Serve warm with unsweetened whipped cream, if
Recipe source: A Taste of Quebec by Julian Armstrong