(Upside Down Cake)
- 1 c Maple
- 1 tb Butter; softened
- 3 tb Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 c Flour, all purpose
tsp. Baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg or cinnamon
- 1/2 c Milk
- 1/4 c Nutmeats, finely chopped up
- Bring syrup to a boil and pour into a generously buttered 8 by 8 by 2
baking dish. Let stand in a warm place.
- With a large spoon beat
butter, sugar and egg together until creamy.
- Mix remaining dry
ingredients and add with the milk to the creamed mixture, stirring until
- Place as four large balls into hot syrup, then
stretch dough with two forks until all are joined together. (This is
easy because the dough gets soft when it comes in contact with the hot
- If using nut meats, add them to the hot syrup.
- Bake at
350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Tastes great with ice cream or whipping
cream, served warm.
Recipe source: Mme. Jehane Benoit. in The