Maple Baked Chicken Breasts
- 4 Chicken breasts; single
- 1/4 c Flour; all purpose
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 2 tb Butter
- 1/2 c Maple syrup
tsp. Savory, dried
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme, dried
- 1/4 tsp. Sage, dried
- 1 Onion; sliced
- 1/2 c -Water
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour seasoned with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a heavy, flameproof casserole, heat butter until bubbling and
brown chicken pieces.
- Pour maple syrup over chicken. Sprinkle
with savory, thyme and sage.
- Arrange onion slices on top of chicken
- Pour water into the bottom of the casserole. Bake,
uncovered in 350F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until tender, basting
occasionally with pan juices.
Recipe serves 4
Poulet au Sirop D'Erable Chicken and pork are often baked or braised in
maple syrup in the Beauce.
This easy recipe for chicken breasts
can also be used with a whole cut-up broiler-fryer chicken.
from the collection of Jeanne d'Arc Nadeau, long-time proprietor of Le
Danube Bleu reception hall in St. Marie and a cookbook author.
Recipe source: A Taste of Quebec by Julian Armstrong