Les Petoncles a la Nage (Scallop Soup)
- 1 c White wine; dry
- 1 c Fish stock
- 1/4 c Carrots; julienne strips of
- 1/4 c Turnips; julienne strips of
- 1/4 c Leeks; julienne strips of
- Salt & white ground pepper
- 12 Scallops; large fresh
- In a medium saucepan, bring wine, fish, stock and vegetables to a boil,
season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5
minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Place 6 scallops in each
of 2 heated bowls.
- Divide the very hot stock among the bowls,
stir briefly and serve at once.
Recipe serves 2
Cyr, chef-proprietor of Au cion del la baie in Metis sur Mer, makes a
simple soup from scallops and vegetables.
Recipe source: A Taste
of Quebec by Julian Armstrong