Cherry Almond Nanaimo Bars
- 1/2 c Butter
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 1/3 c
- 1 ts Vanilla
- 1 Egg; beaten
- 1 c Coconut, desiccated
3/4 c Graham wafer crumbs
- 1/2 c Almonds; chopped
- 1/4 c Butter; softened
- 1 tb Cherry juice
- 2 c Icing sugar
- 1/3 c Maraschino cherries; chopped
- 2 oz Semisweet chocolate
- 1 tb Butter
- Cook butter, sugar, cocoa, vanilla & egg in saucepan over
low heat heat, stirring constantly until custard begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut, crumbs and almonds. Pat firmly
into a greased 9 pan inch square pan.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Cream butter, cherry juice and extract.
- Gradually beat in icing
sugar to a make a smooth spreading consistency. Stir in cherries.
over base and chill until firm.
- Heat chocolate and butter,
stirring until smoothly melted. Drizzle chocolate over filling.
Cut into bars.
Recipe yields: 30 bars.
Tastefully Yours, All Saint Kingsway Anglican Church, Toronto