Cape Breton Scones
- 2 c Flour
- 2 tb Sugar
- 1 tb Baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c Raisins or currants
- 1/2 c Sour cream
- 1/4 c Oil
- 1 Egg; slightly beaten
- 3 tb Milk
- Sift together dry ingredients and stir in the raisins.
- Blend the
remaining ingredients and stir in the flour mixture until the dough is
- Toss on a lightly floured surface until no longer
sticky. Knead a few times.
- Divide the dough in half then pat each ball
of dough into a 6 inch circle with the top slightly rounded.
- Brush the tops with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Cut each circle into 6
- Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425F for
10 to 12 minutes or till golden.
- Serve hot with butter and jam or
flavored butter or honey.
Recipe source: More Baking with