Cape Breton Pork Pies
- 1 c Butter
- 4 tsp. Icing sugar;
- 2 c Flour
- 2 c
- 1 1/2 c Brown sugar
- 1 c -Water
- Lemon juice
- Cut the butter into the flour; add the flour
and knead until well blended.
- Press small amounts of dough into
small muffin tins. Press small amounts of dough into small muffin tins.
- Bake in a 425F oven for 10 minutes. When cool fill with the
- Simmer the above ingredients until
the dates are of soft consistency.
- Cool; then fill the tart shells.
with butter icing.
Source: Out of Old Nova Scotia Kitchens