Rum Fruit Cake
This Rum Fruit Cake Recipe is courtesy of Linda Kilbride at
Recipe Goldmine. Visit her
site for other great recipes!
- 1 cup candied cherries, chopped
- 1 cup slivered citron
- 1 1/2 cup
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups figs, coarsely
- 1 cup dried prunes, cooked, drained and chopped
- 2 cups
dark seedless raisins
- 2 cups dark rum
- 1 cup softened butter
cups firmly packed brown sugar, sieved
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups sifted
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups slivered blanched almonds, toasted
- Soak fruits in rum for 3 days.
- Cream butter; add sugar, then cream
again. Beat in eggs one at a time. Gradually add sifted dry ingredients;
- Drain fruits; add nuts. Pour batter over fruits and
nuts; mix. Pour into two prepared 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at
275 degrees F for 2 hours and 45 minutes to 3 hours.
- Cool in pans on
racks. Wrap in aluminum foil; age 1 month before using.