Cherry Cream Cheese Turnovers
Nothing better than these cherry cheese turnovers with cream cheese! If
you love cherry turnovers, then you are going to drool over these! Eat
as they are, or add some ice cream or whipped topping!
- 16 Rhodes Yeast Dinner rolls, thawed
- 6 ounces cream cheese,
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups
cherry pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- Combine 2 rolls and roll into an 8-inch circle Repeat with remaining
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and butter and mix well.
Divide cream cheese mixture evenly (approx. 1 tablespoon) between
circles, spreading it over half of each and leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Divide pie filling evenly (approx. 2 tablespoons) and spoon over cream
- Brush border of bottom halves with water; fold top
halves over filling to enclose completely. Press edges to seal with your
fingertips, then crimp firmly with a fork.
- Bake at 350°F 20-25
minutes. Note: some filling may seep out.
- Combine icing ingredients and
brush over cooled turnovers.
Prep Time: 10 min (not including
Bake Time: 20-25 min
photo courtesy of Rhodes Bake N
Serve , used with permission.
More Cake/Pie Recipes