Apricot Brandy Fruitcake
This Apricot Brand Fruitcake Recipe is the property of Linda Kilbride,
Maricopa, Arizona. Linda Kilbride is the owner of
- 1 pound red glace cherries
- 1 pound green glace cherries
- 1 pound
- 2 boxes white raisins
- 1 (16 ounce) can peaches,
- 1 cup apricot brandy
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups
- 11 eggs
- 1 pound pecans
- 4 cups flour
teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Mix cherries, pineapple, raisins, undrained peaches and apricot brandy.
Cover tightly and let stand overnight.
- Cream butter, sugar and
eggs. Add pecans, flour, vanilla extract, lemon extract and salt.
Reserving juice from fruit mixture, add fruits to the other mixture.
- Line the bottoms of 4 bread pans with greased brown paper. Set a pan
of water in the oven. Bake the bread for 2 to 4 hours at 300 degrees F.
- Mix a little honey with the reserved juice mixture. When fruitcakes
are cool, wrap in clean cheesecloth which has been soaked in the juice
- Store in refrigerator.