Tumbleweed Breakfast-Brunch Pie
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced fine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 26 ounces frozen hash browns
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese,
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Tabasco to taste
- Cook the sausage, green onions,
garlic, salt and black pepper in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over
medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until sausage is
browned. Drain and return to skillet.
- Add hash browns to the skillet,
and cook over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk,
and 1 cup cheese; pour over sausage mixture in skillet and add Tabasco
to taste. Sprinkle with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit
for 15 to 20 minutes or until set (I like to wrap the handle of my
skillet with aluminum foil).
- Garnish with chopped tomato.
Yield : 8 servings Servings : 8 servings Prep Time : 30m Cook Time : 20m
Ready In : 50m
courtesy of Real Cajun
Recipes and Alberta LeBlanc. Photo by Ruby Buchanan.