Did you have more tomatoes from your garden than you expected? Make this
great tomato relish, and enjoy year round. You can use it as a side dish
for just about anything!
- 3 bell peppers, chopped
- 5 onions, chopped
- 1 pint vinegar
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 (2.5 oz) bottle
- 1/2 package pickling spice
- 3 hot pepper pods
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3-4 quarts peeled tomatoes
- Start with a big dish (3 to 4 quarts) of fresh skin-peeled tomatoes.
- You may want to blanch the tomatoes to make it easier to peel the skins
- Combine all ingredients in a large heavy pot similar to a
Magnalite roaster or canning pot.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring
occasionally, until mixture is thick and similar to ketchup in
- Process and can in jars.
Yield : 4 servings
Servings : 4 servings Prep Time : 45m Cook Time : 60m Ready In : 1:45 h
Recipe and photo courtesy of
Real Cajun Recipes.
Cajun Recipes Page 1