Shrimp or Sausage Stuffed Mirlitons
Shrimp or Sausage Stuffed Mirlitons Recipe. You can use your
choice of shrimp or sausage in this recipe. Mirlitons are also
known as a vegetable pear, and are common in Cajun country.
- 4 large mirlitons
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup celery
- 3 tbsp.
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1 cup cooked chopped shrimp or 1 pound cooked bulk sausage drained or
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- Cut the mirlitons in half lengthwise. Remove any seeds. Boil until
tender. Scoop out the meat, reserving the shell for stuffing, and mash the
meat of the pear.
- Sauté the onion and celery in oil until tender in a
- Add the mashed mirlitons, cooked shrimp (or sausage), 1/2
cup of breadcrumbs, seasoned salt and cayenne pepper. Fill Shells.
with breadcrumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until browned.
Yield : 8 Servings : 8 Prep Time : 40m Cook Time : 30m Ready In : 1:10 h
Recipe courtesy of Real Cajun Recipes. Used with permission.
Cajun Recipes Page 1