Stuffed Banana Peppers
Sweet Banana Peppers, tomatoes, cheese, mushrooms, bell peppers, and
more. Wrapped in bacon, and baked for about 30 minutes.
- 12 Sweet Banana Peppers or 6 large
- 1 small chopped fresh tomato
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 small chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups
grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small jalapeno pepper (optional if you
don't want heat)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tsp. each garlic powder and onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or more (optional)
1/4 to 1/2 pound bacon
- Wash, seed and slice peppers lengthwise on one side. Set aside.
the butter; add the mushrooms salt. garlic and onion powder.
- Saute on low
heat gently until tender; add spinach if using and saute 5 minutes.
the mushrooms, spinach and the remaining ingredients except the bacon and
the peppers you are stuffing.
- Stuff the peppers and wrap the pepper in
- Bake at 375 degrees until bacon is cooked - 30 to 45 minutes
Recipe and photo courtesy of Real Cajun Recipes. Used with permission.
Non Cajun Appetizers