Strawberry Fig Jam
- 6 cups mashed/pureed fresh figs
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 medium
- 4 - 3oz boxes or 2 - 6oz strawberry Jell-O
- Mash or puree six cups of fresh figs.
- Mix the figs, lemon, sugar,
and strawberry powder in a magnalite or heavy duty pot.
- Cook slow on
medium heat until mixture starts to boil.
- Boil for 10 to 15 minutes;
pour into sterilized glass jars Either eat the caramelized lemon or scan
- Process in a hot water bath for 15 minutes.
suggestions: Serve on toast, hot biscuits or on cream cheese as a dip with
Recipe and photo courtesy of Real Cajun Recipes.