- 2 pkgs. chopped spinach
- 4 TB butter
- 2 TB flour
TB chopped onion
- 1/2 evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable liquor
- 1/2 tsp.
- 3/4 tsp. celery salt
- 3/4 tsp garlic salt
- 6 oz roll
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Red pepper to taste
- Cook spinach according to directions on package. Drain
and reserve liquor.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add flour
stirring until blended and smooth, but not brown.
- Add liquid slowly,
stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Cook until smooth and thick; continue
- Add seasonings and cheese which has been cut into small pieces.
Stir until melted. Combine with spinach.
- This may be served immediately
or put into a casserole and topped with buttered bread crumbs.
- The flavor is
improved if the latter is done and kept in refrigerator overnight.
- This may also
Source: The Pink Pantry Cookbook
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes Page 1