Spicy Black Eye Peas
- 1 17 oz. can of black-eyes peas or 1 cup dry black-eyes cooked 1 cup dry
beans = 3 cups cooked
- 3 to 6 slices bacon
- 1 can (16 oz.) chopped
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 large green bell pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp.
- red and/or black pepper to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving
drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Stir peas,
tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, garlic, salt, cumin, dry mustard, chili powder
and pepper into bacon drippings in skillet.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat
and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture into serving
dish. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and cilantro.
Yield : 1 Servings : 6 to 8 servings Prep Time : 20m Cook Time : 30m Ready In
Recipe courtesy of Real Cajun Recipes. Photo by Ruby Buchanan
Cajun Recipes Page 1