Slap Ya Mama Pastalaya
Slap Ya Mama Pastalaya is a unique take on the traditional Cajun
Jambalaya. With smoked sausage, spicy chicken, fresh shrimp and pasta
instead of rice, this dish will most definitely become a household
- 12 oz. chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ large sweet onion,
- bell pepper, julienned
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 jalapeno,
- ½ pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 14 ½ oz. can diced tomatoes
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp.
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. Slap Ya Mama Original Blend
- 12oz large fresh shrimp (26-35 ct), peeled & deveined
- ¼ cup
- 8 oz penne pasta, cooked to package directions
- Season cubed chicken breast pieces with 1 ½ tsp. of Slap Ya Mama
Original Blend Seasoning.
- In a large skillet over medium-high
heat, add olive oil and chicken. Cook chicken until all sides are
- Add onions to skillet, cook until they start to soften
then add bell peppers, garlic, jalapeno and sausage.
- Sauté for 5 minutes
then add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, oregano, basil,
thyme and the remainder of Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning (1 ½
- Bring to a light boil, reduce heat to medium-low and let
simmer for 20 minutes.
- With 4 minutes left to cook, stir in shrimp and
- Serve over a bed of penne pasta and enjoy.
Recipe makes 6 Servings of Cajun pastalaya.
Recipe and Photo
Courtesy of Slap Ya Mama
Used with permission.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes