Slap Ya Mama Sloppy Joes
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 green bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama
Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- Top with Slap Ya Mama Cajun
- Potato Hamburger Buns (or use
whatever buns you like)
- Heat butter in a large
skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and season with 2 tsp of
Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, brown ground beef for
about 5 minutes, making sure to break up meat and brown all sides.
Drain and add meat back into skillet.
- Add onions and bell peppers
to skillet with ground meat and cook 2-3 minutes, until soft. Add
garlic and cook 30 seconds or so, until fragrant. Add in tomato
paste and mix well.
- Add ketchup, water, brown
sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Slap Ya Mama Original Blend
Cajun Seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Cook over medium heat for
10-15 minutes or until mixture has thickened to your liking.
- Remove from heat and serve
on toasted buns. Top it off with a little Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper
Recipe and photo courtesy of Slap Ya Mama , used with permission.
Cajun Recipes Page 1