- 8 Tbsp. (120 ml) butter
- 2-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped scallions (spring onions), green and white
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 to 6 large shrimp per person, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tb (30 ml) brandy
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- Toast points for garnish
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over moderate heat and sauté the
garlic, scallions, and mushrooms until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until they turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- Add the brandy, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and cayenne and cook an
additional 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve over toast points.
Serves 4 to 6.
Recipe posted by Trader at our old message board.
Trader said: "Here
is a dish from the famous Commander's Palace restaurant in New Orleans,
where it is often prepared at tableside.
It's quick and easy, and oh
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes