Shrimp Stuffed Peppers
Shrimp stuffed peppers, with no rice needed. These bell peppers are delicious
even without the rice.
- 2 cups finely chopped zucchini
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
cup green pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 cup fresh chopped tomatoes
1 pound shrimp chopped large
- 1 side hamburger bun or 1 wheat sliced
soaked in water
- 4 - 5 whole medium bell peppers
- salt, red pepper and
black pepper to taste
- basil and parsley to taste
- 1/4 cup butter or
- bread crumbs or panko crumbs for topping (seasoned optional)
- After slicing the top off the bell pepper for easy stuffing, parboil the
bell peppers approximately 5 to 10 minutes in boiling water.
- In a medium
saucepan, saute the onion, pepper, garlic, tomatoes and zucchini until
- Season shrimp and add the chopped shrimp, salt, red pepper and black
pepper to taste.
- Sauté for 10 minutes then add the wet bread (or substitute
one slice whole grain bread) and mix well.
- Fill peppers and top with
breadcrumbs if desired. Place the peppers in a pan with once inch of hot
water; bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- An option is to spoon onto a
fresh tomato, bake or broil for 10 minutes and serve hot.
Yield : 4 6 Servings : 4 6 Prep Time : 30m Cook Time : 15m Ready In : 45m
Recipe and photo courtesy of Real Cajun Recipes and Mary Ann Broussard. Used with permission.