Shrimp Sauce Piquante
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Water as needed
- 4 lb. Shrimp
- Combine shortening and flour.
- Cook on low fire until dark brown, stirring constantly.
- Do not burn. Will look glossy. This is roux.
- Once roux is made, add all other ingredients (except shrimp) and cook on
low fire for approximately 3 hours.
- Add shrimp. Simmer until shrimp is done. Shrimp does not take very long
- Serve over cooked rice.
This recipe for Cajun Shrimp Sauce Piquante sauce was sent to us by Johnny,
Photo credit: jeffreyw.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes