Don't let let the name fool you! This shrimp dish may look delicate, but
it's an easy dish to make, served over rice and delicious!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1.5 oz. package beef stew seasoning mix
- 4 green onions, green and
white parts, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cups hot
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp.
freshly-ground black pepper
- Dash of garlic powder
- 2 lbs. Louisiana
shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 4 to 6 servings hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan set over medium-high heat,
sauté the onion, bell pepper, and celery in vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle in
the flour over the vegetables and stir to make a roux.
- Stir in the
beef stew mix, green onions, parsley and water. Add the salt, pepper,
cayenne and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium
low. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook for an additional
10 minutes until shrimp are pink and heated through.
- Serve over
Cooking/Prep Time: 30 minutes
Serves 4 to 6
Recipe and photo courtesy of
Louisiana Seafood and Edward Haaas.
Cajun Recipes Page 1