Shrimp and Corn Chowder
Shrimp and Corn Chowder is excellent with shrimp, corn, potatoes, half
and half and other yummy ingredients!
- 2 quarts Chicken broth
- 1 medium Yellow onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons Butter or olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Flour
- 2 cups Unpeeled diced (1/4 inch
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 cups Half and half
- 1 Bag (20 oz.) frozen corn kernels
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pounds Cooked shrimp
- 4 tablespoons Chopped parsley for
- 3 Hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- Place chicken stock in a 6 quart pot
and heat over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion in butter or oil
until clear. Stir in the flour and cook for a moment to make roux.
- Stir the roux into the hot soup
stock, stir until the soup is slightly thickened.
- Add the potatoes and bay leaf,
ans cook until potatoes are tender. Add the half and half and the corn.
- Bring to a simmer and season to
taste with salt and pepper.
- Finally, add shrimp and heat.
Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Serve with garnished parsley and
sliced eggs, if desired.
Photo credit: Dan Costin.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes