- 1 lb. shrimp
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 TB Worcestershire sauce
- Chopped parsley, onion and green onions
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 qt. water mixed with 1 can tomato paste
- 2 good sized pinches of sweet basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 bays leaves
For the shrimp balls:
- Grind shrimp, onions and garlic in food chopper.
- Place in mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients for balls.
- Mix with
hands. Shape into small balls; roll in flour and fry until brown.
- Add balls to
For the sauce:
- Make a roux with flour and oil.
onions and bell pepper in roux.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients.
- Cook 2
hours on low heat. Serve over rice
Source: The Pink Pantry
Chef: Jean G. Heath
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes Page 1
Non Cajun Appetizers