Seafood Stuffed Catfish
Catfish that is stuffed with a crab meat, shrimp stuffing then baked for
about 25 minutes
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces white crab meat, pasteurized
- 4 ounces freshwater prawns or shrimp, cooked and roughly chopped
- Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- PREHEAT oven to 400° F.
- Place fillet rounded side up on cutting board. Form a pocket by making a
slit lengthwise on thicker part of fillet, taking care not to cut all the
- Flake crab meat and check for pieces of shells.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté onion and celery
until tender. Add garlic; cook 2 more minutes. Add parsley and green onions
and remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice, cayenne pepper and breadcrumbs.
- Add crabmeat and prawns or shrimp, tossing gently.
- Stuff fillet pockets with seafood mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan
cheese, paprika and melted butter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Garnish with lemon slices and parsley
Recipe and photo courtesy of Us Catfish. Used with permission.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes