Sausage in Tomato Gravy
You can use your choice of sausage in this recipe. This
dish is simple, delicious, and filling. Serve over hot cooked
rice, and enjoy.
- 1 package fresh sausage - pork, turkey, chicken or other
- 2 tbsp.
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup or tomato sauce
- In a heavy duty skillet or cast iron pot, heat the oil. Add the sausage
and enough water to cover the sausage at the half-way mark.
- Cook over medium
heat until the water boils down and the sausage browns. Turn over and repeat
the browning process.
- Once the sausage has browned on both sides, add the
onions and pepper and sauté with the sausage (if you are using the tomato
sauce add now).
- Once the onions have turned color, add enough water to make
gravy. Add the ketchup (if using instead of tomato sauce) and cook until heated through out.
- Cut sausage into
bite-sized pieces and serve over hot rice.
Yield : 4 Servings : 4 Prep Time : 20m Cook Time : 35m Ready In : 55m
Recipe courtesy of Real Cajun Recipes. Used with permission.
Cajun Recipes Page 1
Non Cajun Pork Recipes