Praline Cheesecake With Caramel
This gorgeous Praline Cheesecake combines the taste of pralines and cream in a
cheesecake and is very easy to make.
Drizzle the caramel over the top and you have a winner for dessert!
- 66 vanilla wafers, divided
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup
margarine or butter, melted
- 3 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream
- 1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 tsp.
- 3 eggs
- 25 KRAFT Caramels
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 cup
chopped PLANTERS Pecans, toasted
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Crush 50 wafers finely; mix with 1/4 cup
sugar and margarine. Press onto bottom of 9-inch spring form pan. Stand
remaining wafers around edge, pressing gently into crust to secure.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar in large bowl with mixer until
blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time,
beating on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 45 to 50 min. or until center is almost set. Run small knife
around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate
cheesecake 4 hours.
- Microwave caramels and milk in microwaveable
bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until caramels are completely melted, stirring
every 30 sec. Cool slightly. Pour over cheesecake; top with nuts.
Prep Time: 18 minutes Serving Size: 16
Kraft Kitchens Tips:
PRALINE CHEESECAKE BARS:
Prepare recipe as directed, using 13x9-inch
pan and increasing vanilla wafers around edge of pan to 22. Bake 40 to
45 min. or until center is almost set.
NOTE If using a dark
nonstick spring form pan, reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of
Kraft Foods Used with permission
Cajun and Creole Recipes