- 1 pound graham cracker crumbs
- 3 ounces sugar
- 3 ounces butter, melted
- 1 egg white
- 3 pounds cream
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup vanilla
- ¼ cup Myer’s Dark Rum
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- ¼ cup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 ounce can of evaporated milk
- 3 cups sugar
- ¼ cup
- 12 ounces pecans
- 1 ½ tablespoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a
- Press into bottom of cheesecake pan.
- Bake until lightly browned and firm.
Remove and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
all ingredients except eggs to food processor. Process until smooth, about 1
minute. Add eggs one at a time and process only until combined.
- Wrap two layers
of aluminum foil around cheesecake pan with prepared crust. Bake in a roasting
pan filled with water halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan, until the
center is set, about 1 hour.
- When the pan is shaken, the filling should move as
one set mass. Remove from oven and remove cheesecake pan from roasting pan.
- Remove foil and cool. Refrigerate one day before cutting. May be frozen for up
to 3 months.
- Combine all ingredients and whisk until
- Combine milk, sugar and margarine in medium
saucepot. Bring to a boil and simmer until reaches soft-ball stage.
- Add pecans
and vanilla extract and bring back to soft-ball stage.
- Remove from heat and stir
until mixture thickens.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop onto parchment paper about 2
inches apart. Let cool.
- Slice cheesecake. For each slice,
top with 2 ounces of praline sauce and crumble 1 praline on top.
and photograph used with permission from Louisianaseafood.com
chef: Tracie Chiquet
Cajun Recipes Page 1