Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes
I love Pineapple Upside Down Cake, but these adorable little cupcakes lets your
guests or family have one of their very own!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Lemon Flavor
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) pineapple
tidbits in juice, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- 12 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix;
stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Cool 10 min.
- Meanwhile, mix sugar and butter in
medium bowl; stir in pineapple and nuts. Place cherry half, cut side up, in
center of each of 24 paper-lined muffin cups. Cover with pineapple mixture.
- Beat remaining ingredients in large
bowl with mixer until blended. Add gelatin; mix well. Spoon over pineapple
mixture in muffin cups. (Cups will almost be completely filled.)
- Bake 15 to 18 min. or until
toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min.; remove
from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Invert onto plates just before
serving; remove paper liners.
Makes 24 muffin sized pineapple upside down cupcakes .
Recipe and photo
courtesy of: Kraft Recipes, used with permission.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes