Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1 cup Packed brown sugar
- 1 can Ring pineapple; 20 oz.
- 1 can Crushed
pineapple; 20 oz.
- 10 Maraschino cherries
- ½ cup Ground pecans
- ⅔ cup
- 1 Boxed yellow cake mix
- Melt the butter and blend with the brown sugar.
- Spread into the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish, lightly sprayed with
non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the pineapple rings onto the mixture of butter and brown
- Place a cherry in the center of the ring.
- Sprinkle with the pecans, and smooth the crushed pineapple over it
- Prepare cake batter according to the box instructions (Do not bake
- Spread the batter completely over the pineapple mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 40-60 minutes.
- Oven temperatures vary. Test with wooden pick for doneness.
- When done immediately invert onto plate.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Photo credit: jeffreyw.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes