Cajun Oysters Mosca
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2
tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 pint oysters with their liquor
cup brown stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Creole spice
cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat a broiler.
- In a sauté pan cook onions in vegetable
oil, add garlic and toss for 1 minute. Add oyster liquor and stock and
bring to a boil.
- Reduce liquids by half. Reduce heat to
simmering, add oysters and parsley, and heat through. Adjust seasonings
to taste with Creole spice.
- Pour into a shallow baking dish.
Combine bread crumbs, cheese, basil, 1 teaspoon Creole spice and olive
oil; use to top oysters.
- Broil until top is browned and bubbly, about 8
Yield: 2 to 3 servings
Recipe from Essence Of
Cajun Recipes Page 1