- 4 dozen Louisiana oysters with liquid
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely
chopped mushrooms with juice
- Creole seasoning, to taste
- Cayenne pepper
sauce, to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon
- 12 pastry shells (individual sized)
- In a large skillet, cook oysters in their own liquid by bringing to a boil,
then simmering for 10 minutes.
- Sauté onion in butter, then blend in flour until
- Add remaining ingredients to oysters.
- Cook 5 minutes, then pour into
pastry shells, distributing oysters evenly.
- Bake at 370ºF for 5 to 8 minutes.
- For finer textured pies, chop oysters before cooking.
Recipe and photo courtesy of LouisianaSeafood.com and Louisiana Cookin' ,
used with permission.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes