Onion Crusted Catfish
with Pecan Sauce
Catfish is one of my favorite types of fish. I have an old iron skillet
that used to be my Mom's. I love cooking in it, and this recipe with the
fried onions with the outside coating has to be my favorite!
- 8 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
cup French Fried Onions, crushed
For the Pecan Sauce:
- ½ cup
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
For the catfish fillets:
- Combine flour, salt, cayenne pepper and
lemon zest in shallow bowl.
- Dredge fillets in flour mixture and press
in crushed fried onions, coating well.
- Brown fillets over medium-high
heat serving side down for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn fillets and cook 3 to
4 more minutes or until done.
- While fillets are cooking, make pecan
- Place fillets on plate and serve with sauce.
- Melt butter in small saucepan until bubbly and slightly
- Add pecans and cook 1 minute to lightly toast. Add lemon juice
and Worcestershire sauce.
- Remove from heat; add parsley.
- Spoon over
Recipe and Photo courtesy of U.S
Cajun Recipes Page 1