No-Fail Baked Seafood Lasagna
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese,
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked, drained
- 1/2 lb. deveined peeled medium shrimp, cooked
- 2 cans (6 oz. each) crabmeat, drained, flaked
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Whisk in flour until
well blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to boil on medium heat,
stirring constantly; simmer on low heat 3 to 5 min. or until thickened,
stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan; set aside. Mix
spinach, cottage cheese, 2/3 cup mozzarella and nutmeg.
- Spread 2/3 cup Parmesan sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan. Cover
with 3 lasagna noodles and layers of half each of the shrimp, crabmeat
and spinach mixture; top with 2/3 cup of the remaining Parmesan sauce.
Repeat layers, starting with the noodles. Top with remaining noodles,
Parmesan cheese sauce and mozzarella; cover.
- Bake 45 min. or until heated through, uncovering after 25 min. Let
stand 10 min. before cutting to serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Kraft Recipes. Used with permission.
Substitute ricotta cheese for the cottage
Serve with a crisp mixed green
salad loaded with plenty of cut-up fresh vegetables and tossed with your
favorite KRAFT Dressing, such as KRAFT Light Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing.
This is a great entertaining recipe as it can be made ahead
and put into the oven, while you sit and enjoy your company.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes