Mock Turtle Soup
This recipe is Mark Burress and Rhonda Dill's version of Mock Turtle Soup,
adapted from Justin Wilson's recipe.
- One cup cut up chicken
- 1/2 pound each: Pork sausage or chopped pork meat , Beef stew meat, Venison, Turkey (dark meat preferred)
- 2 boiled eggs, minced
- roux (make your own or use store bought)
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1/2 head garlic
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon (citron) rind and all chopped fine
- 2 cans diced tomato.
- Olive oil
- Tonys Creole Seasoning
- black pepper
- onion powder
- Homemade beef broth, or canned, to taste
- Chicken stock, home made or canned
- White wine, if desired
- Season Meats with Tony Chacheres.
- Place chicken in pressure cooker and process till it fall off the bone.
Set aside to cool.
- Add beef broth or stock, and chopped vegetables
- Simmer till done, then add roux and some white wine if desired
- Brown all other meats in olive oil.
- Add to stock mix.
- Add chopped eggs, and chicken meat
- Simmer to until flavors are blended.
Note: Mark and Rhonda used a pressure cooker to cook the chicken, and stored
the rest for leftovers. You can use
leftover chicken or cook chicken in the way you prefer.
Recipe courtesy of Mark Burress and Rhonda Dills