Louisiana Bean Soup
Louisiana Bean Soup is made with bean soup mix, ham, veggies, chicken broth
and more. Delicious and hearty soup that will hit the spot.
- 1 package of Camellia Brand Louisiana Bean Soup Mix
- 8 cups of chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 carrots, chopped (about
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 pound of smoked
ham, cut in 1-inch cubes
- Rinse and inspect beans.
- In a large heavy pot, combine broth,
onion, carrots, celery, ham, package contents and spice packet.
Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer until beans are soft, about 2
hours, stirring occasionally.
Notes: Add water as necessary to obtain desired consistency.
Yield: 13 servings.
Recipe and photo courtesy of
Camellia Brand. Used with permission.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes