Lentil Bean Soup
- 1 lb. dried lentil beans or northern beans
- 2 carrots, sliced in coins
2 onions, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
3/4 lb. smoked Cajun Smoked Sausage cut in rings
- 1/2 lb. cooked ham, cut
- 1/2 pound Jimmy Dean pork sausage
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. ground
- 2 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vinegar
medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. red
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion pepper
- 6 cups water or
more to cover beans
- Spray crock pot lightly with cooking spray. Wash beans and place in pot.
- In a medium skillet, sauté the carrots, onions and celery.
- Add the
pork sausage and cook until lightly brown.
- Add the ham and and remaining
ingredients except water and smoked sausage, mix well.
- Pour into crock
- Add enough water in the crock pot so that the water is 2 to 3 inches
above the beans.
- Turn the crock pot on low for 6 to 8 hours.
the smoked sausage and add in the last hour of cooking. Water may be added
- Stir well and serve over rice.
Yield : 1 Servings : 6 - 8 servings Prep Time : 30m Cook Time : 30m Ready In
photo courtesy of Real Cajun
Recipes. Used with permission.
Cajun Recipes Page 1