Mr. G’s Shrimp and Fish Court Bouillon
This is Jim Gauley's (also know as "Mr G") recipe for Shrimp and Fish Court
- Roux made from about 1 cup flour and 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 6 cups seafood stock (extra for cooking down)
- 1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 cups green onions ( extra for garnish later)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup white wine
- Paul Prudhomme’s seafood magic
- Sprinkle Paul Prudhomme’s seafood magic over 1 lb. shrimp and 1.5-2 lbs.
fish and store for 1/2 hour in fridge.
- Simmer and cook down stock and goodies about two hours or more.
- Add fish and cook for 10 minutes
- Add shrimp and cook about 10 minutes.
- Add Slap Ya Mama seasonings to taste
- Add Crystal hot sauce to taste
- Serve over brown rice (or white rice if you prefer)
- Garnished with green onions
Recipe courtesy of Jim Gauley ("Mr. G")