Jambalaya On A Stick
- 18 large fresh or frozen large shrimp in shells (about 12
- 12 ounces cooked smoked sausage, cut into 12 pieces
- 8 ounces
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut in twelve 1-inch pieces
medium green sweet pepper, seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion,
cut in 1-inch wedges
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 2 teaspoons
bottled hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 6 cherry
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp.
- Place shrimp, sausage, chicken, green pepper, and onion in a plastic bag; set in
a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine vinegar, tomato sauce, olive oil,
thyme, bottled hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
- Pour half the mixture over meat and
vegetables. Seal bag. Chill 1 to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Cover and chill
remaining tomato mixture.
- Drain meat; discard marinade.
thread meat and vegetables on twenty-four 8-inch wooden skewers (use two skewers
- Grill, uncovered, directly over medium coals for 12 to 14
minutes or until shrimp are opaque and chicken is no longer pink, turning
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat remaining tomato sauce
mixture. Combine cooked rice and parsley. Spoon onto serving platter.
alongside kabobs. Pass tomato sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 451, total fat: 23g,
saturated fat: 9g, cholesterol: 112mg, sodium: 632mg, carbohydrate: 30g, fiber:
2g, protein: 27g, vitamin A: 8%, vitamin C: 45%, calcium: 5%, iron: 18%
Source: Better Homes and Gardens.
Cajun Recipes Page 1
Non Cajun Appetizers