Hot and Spicy Tomato Salsa
- 3 Ripe medium tomatoes, chopped
coarsely (3 cups)
- 1 3/4 cups tomato puree
- 6 Medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Small jalapeno chile peppers seeded,
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup Dry white wine or unsweetened
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine all ingredients except
cilantro in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil using high heat.
- Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes,
stirring occasionally. Mix in cilantro.
- Serve hot or cold as a dip for
chips or as a relish.
Makes 4 Cups. You can freeze any
leftovers for up to 2 months in a tightly covered container.
Photo credit: arvind grover
More Cajun And Creole Recipes