Grilled Crawfish with Spicy Butter
- 6 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 4 lbs. live crawfish
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning, such as Slap Ya Mama
- Fill a large pan with water. Add kosher salt, and bring
to a boil over high heat. Add crawfish, and cook about 1 minute.
Transfer crawfish to a large ice bath.
- With a sharp knife, cut
through shell on belly side the entire length of crawfish. Remove vein,
and remove sack behind eyes in head. Rinse crawfish thoroughly, removing
any remaining sediment.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter and Cajun
seasoning, and beat at medium-high speed with a mixer until smooth and
creamy. Cover, and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Spray grill basket with
nonstick nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat
(350° to 400°). Place crawfish in grill basket, and grill, shaking
basket occasionally, until shell turns bright red and meat is cooked
through, about 6 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter mixture over
- Serve melted butter with crawfish.
Recipe courtesy of
Louisiana Seafood Photo courtesy of Hoffman Media.
Cajun Recipes Page 1