Flash-Fried Louisiana Crawfish Tails with Cajun Cocktail Sauce
- 4 lb Louisiana Crawfish Tails, raw, peeled
- 5 cups Milk
- 4 ea Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Sherry vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Creole seasoning, divided
- 1 1/2
- 1/4 cup Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce
- 1/4 cup Lemon
- 2 Tbsp Horseradish
- 1 Tbsp Creole seasoning
- 3 qt Canola oil
cups Corn Flour
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- Salt, to taste
- For batter, combine milk, eggs, sherry vinegar and 2 Tbsp. Creole seasoning.
Soak Louisiana Crawfish tails in batter for 1 hour. Reserve cold.
Cajun Cocktail Sauce, combine ketchup, TABASCO®, lemon juice, horseradish and
remaining 1 Tbsp. Creole seasoning in bowl and stir to combine. Reserve.
- Fill 8-qt. stock pot with 3 qt. canola oil. Heat to 375°F and set heat to
- ombine corn flour and garlic powder. Remove
crawfish tails from batter and toss in corn flour mixture to coat evenly.
- Work in small batches to fry crawfish tails in oil until golden brown.
Remove from oil and drain onto paper towels to remove any excess oil.
cooking process with remaining crawfish.
- Season with salt and serve with
Cajun Cocktail Sauce on the side.
Courtesy of louisianaseafood.com