Fish or Shrimp Casserole
- 1 lb filet of fish (or substitute shrimp)
- 1 layer of onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 small can evaporated milk
- 4 slices bread
- 1 stick margarine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook fish or shrimp in margarine about 8-10 minutes. Add seasonings. Stir
and cook slowly for about 8 minutes. While cooking, soak bread in eggs and milk.
- Combine bread mix with fish or shrimp. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in buttered dish at 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes
bread crumbs over top before baking)
Source: The Pink Pantry
Chef: Jean G. Heath
Photo credit: Christ - ophile.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes Page 1