Cajun Deep Fried Ribs
- 5 lbs. lean, meaty spareribs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 TB Tony Chachere's More Spice And Less Salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper
- 2 TB garlic powder
- Tenderize ribs prior to frying by placing in covered pan with 2 cups of
water. Place in preheated 325-degree oven and cook, covered, for 30 minutes or
until slightly tender.
- In a large, sturdy pot, heat 1 1/2 inches of
vegetable oil to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour with
the Tony s More Spice And Less Salt, red pepper and garlic powder.
the racks into individual ribs. Toss the ribs in the flour mixture and shake off
- Working in batches, fry the ribs until the coating is lightly
golden and crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the ribs to paper towels to drain
Great With potato salad and garlic bread.
This recipe for
Deep Fried Ribs was sent to us by Johnny, thanks!