Creamy Creole style, cheesy turkey casserole that is baked in an oven
for 25 minutes, and served over pasta.
- 2/3 Cup chopped onion
- 2/3 Cup chopped celery
- 1/3 Cup chopped green pepper
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon margarine
- 1/4 Pound fresh button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4 Ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-Ounce) Can low-sodium stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons creole seasoning
- 4 Ounces fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- 2 Cups COOKED TURKEY, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In medium nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, sauté onion, celery,
green pepper and garlic in margarine 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are
crisp-tender. Add mushrooms and saute 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl blend cream cheese, tomatoes, and creole seasoning. Fold
in vegetable mixture, drained fettuccine and turkey.
- Pour mixture into 9-inch square dish, sprayed with vegetable cooking
spray. Sprinkle cheese over top and bake in a preheated 325 degree F oven
for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Recipe and photo property of National Turkey Federation. Used with permission.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes