Cremy Catfish Alfredo
- 6 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ pound mushrooms, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- ½ cup cream
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed and torn into large pieces
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- BRING large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook 8
to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- DUST fish with paprika and season
with salt and pepper.
- MELT butter with olive oil in large saucepan over
medium heat. Stir in onion and cook until softened and translucent.
- Stir in
garlic, red pepper and mushrooms, and cook over medium-high heat until soft.
Remove all vegetables from saucepan with slotted spoon.
- HEAT seasoned oil
from vegetables to medium-high, adding additional olive oil if needed.
fish 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove from pan and wipe clean
with a paper towel.
- PLACE sautéed vegetables back in saucepan. Pour in
Alfredo sauce; add Romano cheese and cream.
- Simmer, stirring constantly
until thickened, about 5 minutes
- Season with cayenne, salt and pepper.
spinach. Stir pasta into sauce.
- DIVIDE pasta onto serving plates and top
with a catfish fillet.
- Garnish with chopped parsley
Recipe and photo courtesy of: US Catfish Institute